I went live with a rebuilt website for Bruno United FC this weekend. Designing the site involved restructuring the content so that it was organized in fewer pages and adding more marketing content to the homepage. By moving the navigation from a column on the left to a menu on the top, we had more area to design attractive pages with big pictures of soccer players.
Technically, we switched from Drupal to WordPress. The site was built on top of the Avada theme. Since we had a staging site with a different url during the buildout, we used the search and replace tool at interconnectit.com to replace the staging url with the production url.